We have been blessed with several members at our gym who have given me so many farm fresh fruits, veggies, salsa, and grass fed meats lately. I created this Deer Meat Spaghetti with zucchini noodles made from homegrown zucchini and deer meat given to us from a friend.
Ingredients: (for Sauce)
- 8 oz ground deer meat
- 1 can of Muir Glenn Organic Diced Tomatoes (without salt)
- 1/2 can of Muir Glenn Organic Tomato Sauce (+ 3 extra tbsp.)
- 2 tbsp of Almond Flour
- 1 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Pinch of Sea Salt and 1 Pinch of Black Pepper
Ingredients: (for Noodles)
- 2 Large Zucchini
- 1 Pot of Water
- 1 Pinch of Sea Salt
- I began browning the deer meat on the stove in a pot, while I chopped the zucchini. I used my Chop Magic that Tom found waiting in line at the grocery store. I am not going to lie, I LOVE this thing. I used the smaller slicer for these noodles. I cut each piece of zucchini in fourths before slicing it with the Chop Magic.
- After chopping the zucchini, I placed the slices in another pot and filled it up with water until all of the slices were completely submerged in water. I then added the sea salt.
- Once the deer meat has had some time to brown, I added the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. I mixed in the spices and then allowed it to simmer at a low to medium heat for approximately 5-8 minutes before adding 3 more tbsp. of the tomato sauce and almond meal.
- I allowed the sauce to simmer for approximately 8-10 more minutes before removing it from the stove to cool.
- Check the zucchini noodles every few minutes until they are soft. Once they are soft, you can remove these from the stove as well.
- Enjoy this meal! It is delicious, especially with garlic zucchini boats. (I will post this recipe later!)