Thursday, May 23, 2013

Paleo Meatloaf and Veggie Stir Fry

          I have one more delicious recipe to share before I head out of town for the weekend. I made this two nights ago, and everyone loved it. One of my closest friends, who does not eat Paleo, actually told me that she loved this more than regular meatloaf that she has had before!

 


Paleo Meatloaf


Ingredients: (Meatloaf)
  • 1 package of natural ground turkey
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c almond meal
  • 1/2 c yellow onion
  • 2 small baby bell peppers
  • 2 tbsp dry parsley
  • 2 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp garlic pepper
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 2 tbsp olive/coconut oil
Ingredients: (Sauce)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 5-6 tbsp organic ketchup (Regular ketchup will do as well if that is what you choose to use!)

           *I purchased this ketchup from the Healthy Life Market in Barboursville by the Huntington Mall. It is the most Paleo ketchup that I have found, besides making my own. It is a great alternative whenever you may not have time to make some yourself and you want to keep it Paleo! I will be posting a Paleo Ketchup recipe soon!

Preparation:
  1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
  2. Dice the onion and baby bell peppers into fine pieces.
  3. Mix ground turkey, eggs, and almond meal together in a large mixing bowl.
  4. Next, add the onions and peppers, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano to the meat mixture.
  5. Lather the baking pan with a little olive oil to keep the meatloaf from sticking.
  6. Add meat to the pan and bake for 45 minutes.
  7. While the meat is baking, mix the olive oil and organic ketchup in a small bowl. You may want to add a little salt and/or pepper.
  8. After the meat cooks for 45 minutes, take it out of the oven, and add the sauce evenly to the top of the meat.
  9. Place back in the oven for 20 minutes.

Veggie Stir Fry


Ingredients:
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp lime juice
  • 1 c broccoli
  • 1 c cauliflower
  • 1/3 c onion
  • 1/3 c mushrooms
  • 1/3 c carrots
  • 1/3 c bell pepper
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
Preparation:
  1. This preparation is simple! Add olive oil to a medium/large pan.
  2. Chop the vegetables in 1/2 inch pieces or smaller depending on what you like.
  3. Add the vegetables to the pan, along with the lime juice, salt, and pepper.
  4. Sauté for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are golden.
          *The ingredients for the stir fry can vary. I have used sweet potatoes, different kinds of squash, beets, and many more vegetables. The preparation is the same. I love to change up the ingredients to give the stir fry a different kick every time!

          Have a great Memorial Weekend everyone! Safe travels if you are headed on any trips. I would love to hear what recipes you all are cooking up! Please send them to me so I can share them with everyone else and try them myself! (:


No comments:

Post a Comment