Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My Favorite Homemade Guacamole

          Guacamole is one of my favorite snacks! The best part is that it can be made in less than 5 minutes, and it doesn't require too many ingredients.

Ingredients:
  • 2-3  large, ripe avocados
  • 2 tbsp cilantro
  • 4 tsp lime juice
  • 1/3 c onion
  • 1-2 Serrano peppers
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
       *Sometimes I will add 1-2 tbsp of salsa for extra flavor. It tastes great either way!

Preparation:
  1. Chop the onion and peppers into fine pieces.
  2. Remove the pit from the center of the avocados, and scrape out the remains into a mixing bowl.
  3. Add the lime juice and cilantro next. Be sure to mix it well.
  4. Finally, add the sea salt, peppers, and garlic powder. Some people may want to add more/less salt or pepper to appeal to your taste buds!
          I love to make this at least once a week! With a little tweaking from another Paleo food loving friend, Jessica, I have found the perfect guacamole recipe for me. You can eat it with homemade sweet potato chips, as a topping on your favorite meats, or just as a side by itself. With summertime coming into full force, this can be the go to snack to bring to a cookout with friends/family! I have another great dip recipe, Paleo Spinach Artichoke Dip, coming soon! I would love to hear feedback from your favorite recipes or new treats you have tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment