Sunday, June 2, 2013

Bacon Wrapped Dates

         Delicious. That is the best word to describe this sweet snack!

Ingredients:
  • 1 package of pitted dates (I found some without any preservatives from a local Wal-Mart.)
  • 1 package of bacon
  • 1/4-1/3 c raw almond butter
Preparation:
  1. First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Cut each date in half, and slice each piece of bacon into thirds.
  3. Next, spread a small pinch of almond butter onto the cut side of the date, and wrap the bacon around to hold it in place.
  4. Cook these in the oven for 20-25 minutes, but be sure to keep an eye on them so they do not get too brown!
 
          This recipe is as simple as that! It can be a long preparation process due to having to slice everything and wrap each individual piece, but this snack is definitely worth it! These bite sized treats are great to have during a movie night at home or if you are taking a road trip. I have to thank a lovely Crossfit friend, Elizabeth, for sharing this recipe with me. I am thankful and regretful at the same time, because I can not seem to stop eating them after I start! Enjoy everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment