This first photo is from my Crossfit box this past weekend. Crossfit Thunder hosted two competitions on Saturday. Many awesome athletes from all over came together to compete and work hard. I had a great time judging this fierce competition!
With classes starting back up, my schedule is about to get much more hectic. I will be taking full advantage of Crockpot recipes this fall! I have already found a breakfast casserole that I can not wait to try. This is a very simple and sweet to taste, protein packed recipe.
Crockpot Apple Pork TenderloinIngredients:
- 1 and 1/2-2 lb of pork tenderloin
- 2-3 apples
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2-1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp raw honey (optional)
- Core and slice your apples into 10-12 slices.
- Add a layer of apples to the bottom of your crockpot and lightly sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon. My crockpot was large, so I did not cover the entire bottom with apples. I only layered the section that the pork tenderloin would cover.
- Next, place slits in your tenderloin. I had to cut mine in half to get it to lay neatly in the bottom.
- Place tenderloin over top the layer of apple slices in the crockpot. You will then need to place one apple slice into each slit of the tenderloin, so there will be apples in the meat as well as underneath it.
- Sprinkle tenderloin and apple slices with nutmeg, cinnamon, and olive oil. *Drizzle honey over the creation here if you choose to use it!
- Turn crockpot on low and cook for 2-3 hours. My crockpot still cooks quickly, even on low, so be sure to check. You may need to let your meal cook longer (4-6 hours).