Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps

         I threw this recipe together this morning, and it made a great post WOD meal to get my body refueled. I have already had three, and it is not even dinner time yet! This is a perfect mix of sweetness and spice.

Ingredients:
  • 1 package all natural chicken tenders
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1/3 c onion
  • 1/3 c bell pepper
  • 1/4 pineapple
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/3 c cashews
  • 1 avocado
  • 1/2 head of lettuce or container of the fresh lettuce wraps (I found these at Kroger.)
Preparation:
  1. Add the coconut oil to a pan and begin to warm over low heat. Mince the onion, bell pepper, and pineapple then mix into the coconut oil.
  2. Sprinkle the sea salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into the mixture. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
  3. Next, add the chicken on top of the cooking veggies and fruit. You may want to add a hint of extra sea salt and pepper to the top of the chicken.
  4. Add your cashews to the pan next.
  5. Continue to cook until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
  6. To eat, I added 1-2 pieces of chicken, as well as the veggie/fruit mix into each wrap of piece of lettuce. Chop your avocado into 1 inch pieces, and add to the top of each wrap!
 
          This is one of the best meals that I have had in a while! I always look for new ways to make my meals more fun. If you are looking for a new recipe to try for dinner, this one will not let you down. It is a quick and easy eat as well! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment