Saturday, July 13, 2013

Chicken, Bacon, and Tomato Kabobs

          I have been craving kabobs for weeks, but I kept putting it off. Finally, I made some time yesterday, and I loved them more than I imagined! I wanted to keep the spices and marinade simple and healthy. It was perfect. Here is the quick recipe I used!

Ingredients:
  • 1 package of all natural chicken tender breasts
  • 15-20 grape tomatoes
  • 5 pieces of bacon
  • 1/4 c mushrooms (I didn't have enough of these for all of my kabobs. 1/4 c should be just right.)
  • 1 c kale leaves
  • 1 tsp lime juice
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • Few skewer sticks
Preparation:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. For each kabob, I cut one chicken tender into thirds or fourths depending on the size. I also cut each piece of bacon into fifths. I used two kale leaves at a time. Put in whatever order you chose.
  3. After completing each of the kabobs (I only made 5), I placed them on a baking sheet and sprinkled them in a little lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
  4. Cook for about 10 minutes and then they will be ready to eat. I ate mine with a little Organic Tomato Sauce! Try it out.

          Also, how cool is this? One of my Crossfit Kids that I coach tried out one of my recipes at home, and her mom sent me this picture! I am so proud of Miss Kenna and her healthy lifestyle, in and out of the Box!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment