Friday, July 26, 2013

Paleo Sweet Potato Latkes

          I had a wonderful vacation, but I could not wait to get back home and cook again. I missed my own groceries and Paleo recipes. On the menu this morning were these Sweet Potato Latkes with eggs. Tom and I loved these! They are a twist on sweet potato breakfast hash browns.
Ingredients:
  • 1 sweet potato (grated)
  • 1/2 onion (chopped)
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 slices of bacon
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp olive oil for lathering pan
Preparation:
  1. Preheat your oven at 425 degrees F, and grease your baking sheet with a little oil.
  2. In a medium sized bowl, mix your eggs, sweet potato, and onion.
  3. Next, sprinkle with your salt and pepper. Crumble bacon by hand and add to the bowl.
  4. Create several patties by hand and place on baking sheet. These will be not be solid because there is no flour binding them. Do not worry, they turn out perfectly!
  5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until your edges are brown.

           PR's were flying at our gym yesterday. Let's see what surprises your breakfast will fuel today!

3 comments:

  1. Yum!!! Cant wait to try these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made these for my avid crossfitter boyfriend and we absolutely loved them! He was actually mad that I took the leftovers with me instead of leaving them at his place, hahaha! I can't wait to try more of your recipes. Great blog!

      Delete
  2. Tried these today for the first time ! They were so delicious ! Gonna see how my workout goes this evening ;)

    ReplyDelete