Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Paleo Pancakes

          Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, so having breakfast for dinner too makes me one happy lady. Two nights ago, Tom and I had Paleo Banana Pancakes, eggs (These have kale, mushrooms, and onions mixed in. My favorite way to eat eggs!), bacon, and organic whole milk! I have shared this pancake recipe with a few friends, and they loved it! Hopefully, you all will enjoy this sweet treat too.

Ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 c almond flour
  • 1 tbsp almond butter
  • 1/4-1/2 c water
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp agave *optional
Preparation:
  1. Mash banana into a small mixing bowl.
  2. Crack the egg over the banana then add the almond flour and almond butter.
  3. This is where you will add the water. You want to create a batter like consistency, so I start with 1/4 c and add extra if needed.
  4. Add your cinnamon and agave*.
  5. Mix together and cook over stove like all pancakes we have grown to know and love!


          I have created so many variations of this recipe, but I always use banana as a main ingredient to keep the pancakes thick and tasty. I have made:
  • Banana and Walnut Pancakes (simply adding 1/4 c diced walnuts)
  • Blueberry Pancakes (adding 1/4-1/2 c blueberries) *Same idea with raspberries
  • Pumpkin Pancakes (adding 1/4 c canned pumpkin)
  • Dark Chocolate Chip Pancakes (adding 1/4 c organic dark chocolate chips) *Our Favorite!
  • I have also made Peanut Butter Pancakes (substituting the almond butter with all natural peanut butter, and adding 1/4 c diced peanuts) *Not Paleo, but another yummy idea!
          These are one of my favorite Paleo treats to make. They are also good to take on the go! I see many Crossfitter's making these for a meal on the run, or for a night in at home. You can use all natural honey, agave, or maple syrup without added sweeteners as a topping, but I personally like them plain! The ingredients make for a sweet moist texture that doesn't necessarily need anything else. Eat up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment