- 1 egg
- 1/4 c almond flour
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4-1/2 c water
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp agave *optional
- Mash banana into a small mixing bowl.
- Crack the egg over the banana then add the almond flour and almond butter.
- This is where you will add the water. You want to create a batter like consistency, so I start with 1/4 c and add extra if needed.
- Add your cinnamon and agave*.
- Mix together and cook over stove like all pancakes we have grown to know and love!
I have created so many variations of this recipe, but I always use banana as a main ingredient to keep the pancakes thick and tasty. I have made:
- Banana and Walnut Pancakes (simply adding 1/4 c diced walnuts)
- Blueberry Pancakes (adding 1/4-1/2 c blueberries) *Same idea with raspberries
- Pumpkin Pancakes (adding 1/4 c canned pumpkin)
- Dark Chocolate Chip Pancakes (adding 1/4 c organic dark chocolate chips) *Our Favorite!
- I have also made Peanut Butter Pancakes (substituting the almond butter with all natural peanut butter, and adding 1/4 c diced peanuts) *Not Paleo, but another yummy idea!