Thursday, July 11, 2013

Paleo On-The-Go

          We live in an on-the-go world, and we do not always have time to stop and make an entire meal. I am constantly cooking and meal prepping for the busy days ahead! For example, this is what I packed for today; protein shake, eggs and bacon, and egg white/kale mix with a turkey burger on top!

          I used to feel like I never had time to eat healthy, but I could not have been any more wrong. I didn't know what options I had, and I do not want anyone else to feel the same way I did. Rather than stressing or thinking that only options are unhealthy, I have come up with a list of quick and easy snacks with little to no preparation needed!
  • Mixed Nuts (almonds, pistachios, cashews, etc)
  • Fruit (fresh or dried)
  • Almond/Cashew/Coconut butter (They even have some small single serve packets!)
  • Raw Veggies (carrots/celery/cucumber, etc)
  • Jerky (This is hard to find if you are staying strict Paleo, but you can still find some preservative free!)
  • Tuna
  • Lara Bars ( I love these, and they have a few completely Paleo options if that is what you are looking for. My favorite is the Apple Pie!)
  • Other Snack Bars including KIND Bars and Protein Bars (Not 100% Paleo, but still excellent options if you just check your ingredients and make sure you are still getting quality nutrition! )
          If you have a little more time to prepare, either that morning, or the night before. Here are some other great ideas!
  • Boiled Eggs
  • Bacon (This snack is just as great on the go!)
  • Protein Pancakes (I learned this at the last competition I did. These sweet treats are mess free and easy to eat by hand. Check my earlier post for this recipe!)
  • Protein Shakes (Depending on whether you use dairy or not, you may mix it with organic whole milk, almond/coconut milk, fruit, or veggies. Tom found a recipe of mixing 1/2 avocado, 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp Supergreens, and 2 scoops of protein in water in a blender. This is a perfect combination of protein, fats, and carbs, and it is delicious!)
  • Homemade Trail Mix (nuts, dried fruits, organic dark chocolate chips, sunflower/pumpkin seeds)
  • Kale Chips (Spread olive oil over kale, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake at 250 degrees F for about 10 minutes! These taste just like chips, but healthy!)
  • Protein Balls (One of my favorite recipes is created by mixing 1 c chocolate protein, 1/2 c raw almond butter, 1 tsp agave, 1 tsp vanilla in a bowl, then separating into approximately 10 small balls, and finally rolling in coconut flakes if you have them! If not, they are very addicting by themselves.)
  • Guac/Salsa Eggs (Simply scoop the yolk out of your boiled egg, and replace with guacamole and/or salsa.)
          If you have a lot of time the night before, you can do what I did today! Pack an entire meal for yourself to take with you! I am always looking for more Paleo friendly snacks that are easy to make and easy to eat! What are you all eating on-the-go?

No comments:

Post a Comment